Manchester Calling is a B2B networking event which has previously been staged extremely successfully in Manchester. Of those buyers who attended the 2015 event, all said that their product knowledge of the city-region had increased and 75% signed contracts with Manchester suppliers as a result.
Manchester Calling provides you as a supplier with a platform to network and engage with interested key tour operators and wholesalers who are planning Manchester itineraries for their programmes. You will be able to commence dialogues with new buyers, strengthen existing relationships and create potential new business. We are looking for a mix of partners including accommodation, attractions, transport, restaurants and guiding services.
The event consists of a series of 12 minute pre-scheduled 1:1 appointments. Beforehand, buyers and suppliers are given a list of attendees from which to prioritise appointments. These are then matched to ensure that both parties have meetings with contacts they have requested and the final list distributed in advance of the event.
- Dates: Friday 15th and Saturday 16th September
- Day 1:
- 10am departure: Tours operators to travel to Manchester, primarily from London and the south-east
- Lunch for tour operators
- Short presentations by UKinbound and Marketing Manchester followed by two sessions of one-to-one appointments
- Opportunity for networking at coffee break and after the second session
- Dinner/bowl food and entertainment for tour operators
- Overnight stay for tour operators
- Day 1:
- Day 2: FAM Trip – the tours operators will experience Manchester and the region including lunch and the new sightseeing tour bus. Approx. departure for London at 3pm.
- Venue: TBC
- As a partner you will get:
- Desk with one representative
- Guaranteed 8 to 10 appointments with travel trade buyers, you will be able to nominate your preferred companies
- Networking opportunity during afternoon breaks and post event reception
- Opportunity to showcase your hotel or attraction as part of the FAM trip
- Participation fees:
- £250 + vat for current travel trade and groups campaign partners
- £350 + vat for non travel trade and groups campaign partners
- £50 + vat for an additional representative
The target list for travel trade buyers will include –
Evan Evans, JAC Travel, Kuoni, MIKI Travel, Tumlare Corporation, Janet Redler Tours, Superbreak. Abbey Tours, Select Travel Services, AC Travel Group, Rabbies, David Urquhart Travel, Eurowelcome, Hotels and More, Scancoming, Trafalgar Tours, Visit Britain