As you are well aware, the impact of Covid-19 has seriously impacted the tourism industry. As of Thursday 9th April, Marketing Manchester will be functioning with a significantly reduced number of staff. Like many businesses, this decision has been taken to safeguard the future of the organisation and to ensure that business as usual can commence when it is safe and appropriate to do so.
We have directed our resource to support you and will be working on your behalf with GM stakeholders and national tourism bodies to represent the GM tourism industry and to provide business support and guidance during this time. This includes the following two initiatives:
Tourism and Hospitality Support Hub
The Tourism and Hospitality Support Hub has been set up to signpost and connect the sector to advice, support and guidance including webinars, FAQs and other support resources. Contact us on email@example.com.
Thanks to all accommodation providers who have supported us by providing rooms, and venues who have provided meeting facilities for the NHS, Key Workers and vulnerable people. We would also like to thank the Manchester Hoteliers Association for their continued support in donating non-perishable food stuffs to the NHS.
If hotels or serviced apartment operators want to offer support, please contact Stephanie Newton in the first instance.
Manchester Misses You campaign
We have outlined in previous newsletters the ‘Manchester Misses You’ campaign, featured on the homepage of the Visit Manchester website which features content that has the capacity to inspire from the sofa. The aim is to provide visitors to the website with a vibrant virtual content including cultural and education experiences about Greater Manchester, without asking or encouraging them to leave their houses.
The response to the campaign has been great, with the website receiving 12,000 visitors over the past couple of weeks. Some incredible content from our members and stakeholders has been shared including to name but a few:
- United We Stream, a website streaming live music and performances every night.
- Love Lowry, which is a daily service of creative activities and art experiences for people to enjoy from their homes.
- #MMinQuarantine, Manchester Museum has uploaded it’s digital content onto a brand new website so you can explore and enjoy the Museum in your own home
The campaign is being supported with a social media campaign and new content from our members is welcomed. Please send and contributions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Business support and advice
- UK Government Business Support
- UK Government guidance for employers and businesses
- New guidance for employers and employees regarding the CJRS
- UK Government advice for accommodation providers
- VisitBritain UK travel industry advice
- VisitBritain Business Advice Hub
- Local Authority Grant Funding
- Marketing Manchester Tourism and Hospitality Support Hub
- Business Growth Hub resource portal
- UKHospitality advice for the hospitality industry
- UKHospitality guidance on business continuity, including for accommodation premises
- ACAS practical information on coronavirus
- Manchester City Council information for businesses and employers
- Cash Grant for Retail, Hospitality and Leisure
- HMRC Guidance on Self-Employment Support
- HMRC Guidance on allowable expenses, trading profits and total income inclusions
Health and well being
- Public Health England: what you need to know
- NHS advice
- UK Government guidance on staying at home and away from others
- Stay at home guidance for people with confirmed or possible coronavirus (COVID-19) infection
Surveys, workshops and webinars
- Heritage Lottery Fund
- Free online workshops from Tourism Knowhow
- HMRC – helping employers to support employees
- HMRC job retention scheme webinars
- Survey measuring the impact of government and other support mechanisms on the events supply chain
- UK Hospitality evidence survey for the Pathways to Recovery inquiry