The information in this update builds on previous newsletters that have all been uploaded to the Marketing Manchester website.
Update on Marketing Manchester Team
From today, 1 April 2020, Marketing Manchester will be functioning with a reduced number of staff. This decision has been taken to safeguard the future of the organisation and to ensure that business as usual can commence when it is safe and appropriate to do so.
However, we are still working to support our members via initiatives such as the Tourism and Hospitality Support Hub and the Manchester Misses You holding campaign.
Tourism and Hospitality Support Hub
The Tourism and Hospitality Support Hub has been set up to signpost and connect the sector to advice, support and guidance including webinars, FAQs and other support resources. Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Marketing Manchester is also working closely with GMCA and Manchester City Council to assist with their needs to identify potential additional accommodation needs for key workers and vulnerable people.
If hotels or serviced apartment operators want to offer support, please contact Stephanie Newton in the first instance.
Manchester Misses You campaign
We’ve directed the homepage of the Visit Manchester website to our ‘Manchester Misses You’ campaign, which features content that has the capacity to inspire from the sofa. The aim is to provide visitors to the website with a vibrant virtual content including cultural and education experiences about Greater Manchester, without asking or encouraging them to leave their houses.
The campaign is being supported with a social media campaign and new content from our members is continuously being added.
Membership renewals 2020/21: 3 months free membership
In light of the current situation, Marketing Manchester has decided not to charge membership over the next three months. We will closely anticipate and react to the demands of the market so that we can continue to promote Greater Manchester going forward when the time is right and all things being well, the membership team will aim to be back in touch with members in June to discuss renewal on a pro-rata basis from 1 July 2020 to 31 March 2021. We appreciate your ongoing support.
Business support and advice
- UK Government Business Support
- UK Government guidance for employers and businesses
- UK Government advice for accommodation providers
- VisitBritain UK travel industry advice
- VisitBritain Business Advice Hub
- Marketing Manchester Tourism and Hospitality Support Hub
- Business Growth Hub resource portal
- UKHospitality advice for the hospitality industry
- UKHospitality guidance on business continuity, including for accommodation premises
- ACAS practical information on coronavirus
- Manchester City Council information for businesses and employers
- Cash Grant for Retail, Hospitality and Leisure
Health and well being
- Public Health England: what you need to know
- NHS advice
- UK Government guidance on staying at home and away from others
- Stay at home guidance for people with confirmed or possible coronavirus (COVID-19) infection
Surveys, workshops and webinars
- Heritage Lottery Fund
- Free online workshops from Tourism Knowhow
- HMRC – helping employers to support employees
- Survey measuring the impact of government and other support mechanisms on the events supply chain
- UK Government travel advice
- Arts Council England Covid-19 support
- CityCo: Manchester businesses still open
- Transport for Greater Manchester travel advice
- Hospitality Action Covid-19 Emergency Grant
Please keep in touch and stay safe.