Earlier this week we issued an impact survey to understand how coronavirus is affecting your business. We will use the results to work with VisitBritain, Government and our local authorities to ensure they remain alert to the impact on Greater Manchester’s visitor economy and understand our requests for appropriate industry support. To complete the survey click here.
Initial analysis of responses show that the industry would like to see us providing positive PR and marketing to build consumer confidence, and whilst that is top of mind in terms of mid-term forward planning, at this point we would like to focus on the other three requests for support: business advice; information for employees; information for visitors.
Business advice and information for employees
Marketing Manchester has been working with the The Growth Company to provide online business advice which can be applied to any organisation within the visitor economy, including resources and guidance on the following subjects:
- Supporting your Employees;
- Managing your Suppliers;
- Customer Service;
- Contingency Planning;
- Cashflow Management;
- and 10 Steps to Take Now
A series of coronavirus business advice webinars are also planned on the following subjects:
- Duty of care to employees – Friday, 13 March, 12:30-13:15
- Cash flow and supply chain challenges – Monday, 16 March, 12:30-13:15
- How to work and operate virtually – Wednesday, 18 March, 12:30 – 13:15
- Legal and Insurance implications – Friday, 20 March, 12:30-13:15
Please sign up to these webinars using the above links or click here. We will also tailor sessions specifically for the visitor economy and will share details in our next update.
Information for visitors
We have added a section to VisitManchester.com with specific advice for the visitors which will be updated daily. Please direct visitor enquiries here.
Other useful resources
- VisitBritain UK travel industry advice
- Public Health England: what you need to know
- NHS advice
- Government guidance for employers and businesses
- Government travel advice
- UKHospitality advice for the hospitality industry
- Arts Council advice for funded organisations and projects
- Stay at home guidance for people with confirmed or possible coronavirus (COVID-19) infection
- Looking after mental health and wellbeing during the Coronavirus outbreak
As the situation evolves, we recommend all Marketing Manchester members and stakeholders stay informed by reading the latest health information from the above resources. Please also provide feedback and comments either via our survey or direct to firstname.lastname@example.org.